Oil and Gas Lease Negotiations
For many mineral owners in the Ohio Valley, their oil and gas acreage is the most valuable asset they own. That is why the terms of your oil and gas lease are so important. The difference between a good and bad lease could mean millions of dollars.
At Gold, Khourey & Turak, our attorneys have been negotiating oil and gas leases on behalf of land and mineral owners in West Virginia, Ohio, and Pennsylvania since the beginning of the Marcellus Shale boom. Our experienced attorneys have delivered proven results to thousands of clients, including a historic $100 million lease agreement for hundreds of landowners in Marshall, Ohio, and Greene Counties (PA). That means more compensation, better protection, and an agreement on your terms. When it comes to oil and gas in the Ohio Valley, no other law firm matches our results. Call us today at (304) 845-9750 to schedule your free, no-obligation consultation. Home, evening, and weekend appointments are available.
Our Attorneys Get Results For You
We work for YOU and never the oil and gas company. Many mineral owners hired by our firm receive significantly more compensation than what they were initially offered. Just remember, the landman works for the oil and gas company, and it is their job to maximize profits for the company and NOT FOR YOU. They don’t have your best interest in mind, we do. Let us provide you with peace of mind knowing that your oil and gas minerals and family legacy are secure for the future. Call us today and we will talk to you about your situation at no cost to you.
We Can Provide You With:
- Better Protection
- More Compensation
- An Agreement on Your Terms
- Secure Family Legacy
- Peace of Mind
- Personalized Attention
You’ve Been Asked to Sign a Lease. Are You Protected?
Many mineral owners think there’s not much more to an oil and gas lease than the initial per acre bonus payment and royalty rate. While those terms are undoubtedly important, there’s a lot more to an oil and gas lease than you may think, such as:
- Will the oil and gas company be able to take deductions from royalty payments?
- Will the company be able to use your property for well pads or pipelines?
- Under what circumstances will the oil and gas company be able to hold your lease by production?
- Will you be able to challenge the company in court if you think they’re breaking the lease?
The simple truth is that signing an oil and gas lease the company prepares without significant changes is never in a mineral owner’s best interest. The vast majority of their lease is drafted to favor them…and NOT YOU! We work for YOU. Never sign an oil and gas lease before speaking with an experienced oil and gas attorney. In fact, anything you say to a landman can and will be used against you to benefit the oil and gas company. Don’t make that mistake. When the landman comes knocking at your door, your first call should be to GKT.
The GKT Difference = Advantage to YOU
At GKT, the first step in any lease negotiation is to learn more about you, your family, your property, and your concerns. Only then can our attorneys make sure that any oil and gas lease they negotiate on your behalf will fit your specific needs and address your particular concerns. Only at that point do our attorneys engage with the oil and gas company to begin negotiations.
Our attorneys know the lay of the land and what each company is paying in different locations throughout the Ohio Valley. Our attorneys have the industry contacts to make sure that our clients receive the best deal possible. Once a client has agreed to the bonus and royalty terms, our attorneys then negotiate the terms of the oil and gas lease to make sure it fits YOUR needs, the needs of our clients.
Most importantly, our attorneys communicate with clients each step of the way. No decision is made or deal is reached without the express authorization of a client. Timely communication is key!
When Should You Contact an Attorney?
It is imperative that mineral owners contact an attorney as soon as possible after being approached to sign an oil and gas lease. The sooner we are involved, the more likely we are to obtain the best result for you. Moreover, the quicker we’re involved, the quicker you are relieved of the stress and headaches of dealing with the landman’s phone calls and knocks at the door.
Current Oil and Gas Companies Operating in the Ohio Valley
Below is an abbreviated list of the major oil and gas producers and their primary areas of interest in West Virginia and Ohio.
- SWN Production Company LLC
- Hancock, Brooke, Ohio, Marshall, and Wetzel Counties
- Chevron Appalachia, U.S.A.
- Marshall County
- TH Exploration LLC a/k/a Tug Hill
- Ohio, Marshall, and Wetzel Counties
- American Petroleum Partners Operating, LLC a/k/a APP
- Ohio, Marshall, and Wetzel Counties
- EQT Production Company
- Ohio, Marshall, Wetzel, Tyler, Doddridge, Monongalia, and Marion Counties
- Antero Resources Corporation
- Wetzel, Tyler, Doddridge, Harrison, Ritchie, Monongalia, and Marion Counties
- Triad Hunter, LLC
- Wetzel, Tyler, and Doddridge Counties
- Northeast Natural Energy, LLC
- Monongalia, Marion, and Wetzel Counties
- HG Energy, Inc.
- Marshall, Wetzel, Tyler Counties
- CNX Gas Company LLC
- Marshall, Wetzel, and Tyler Counties
- Gulfport Appalachia, LLC
- Jefferson, Belmont, Monroe, Noble, Guernsey, and Harrison Counties
- XTO Energy
- Belmont and Monroe Counties
- Jefferson, Belmont, Guernsey, Harrison, and Nobles Counties
- Eclipse Resources
- Guernsey, Harrison, Monroe, Noble, Tuscarawas, Muskingum, and Knox Counties