Taylor D. Potts joined Gold, Khourey & Turak as an associate in 2018. Prior to joining GKT, he served as an assistant public defender and was an associate for a medical malpractice defense firm. At GKT, Taylor’s practice will primarily involve Social Security Disability claims, but he will also assist with Personal Injury claims. Taylor has a special interest in helping local veterans obtain their VA Disability Benefits. He has undergone formal training and education through the U.S Department of Veteran Affairs and is recognized as an accredited representative for Veterans, Servicemembers, dependents and survivors.
My interest in law started in high school when I realized that, as a lawyer, my contributions could be used to shape the law and to assist those who need it most. One of the greatest joys of being an attorney is the opportunity to help individuals through issues that are critical to them.
Taylor is a recent graduate of the West Virginia University College of Law where he earned honors in Magistrate Court Mediation and was recognized as the CALI Award winner in Torts I. He was also a member of the Alternative Dispute Resolution Society Competition Team, Sports and Entertainment Society, and Business Law Society.
Born and raised in Moundsville, West Virginia, Marshall County, Taylor is a proud Ohio Valley native. Taylor attended John Marshall High School, where he was a West Virginia State Champion wrestler and currently holds the school’s record for most wrestling victories at the school. After high school, Taylor attended Washington & Jefferson College where he continued his wrestling career and was a two-time PAC champion, MVP, and in 2012 tied the school single-season record with 36 victories. Taylor enjoys volunteering at local high schools, youth wrestling clubs, and serving as a youth leader at his church. He also serves as the attorney for the town of Hundred, West Virginia in Wetzel County.
Taylor and his wife, Kristin, reside in Wheeling and recently welcomed their first child into the world. He is licensed to practice law in West Virginia and Ohio.
- West Virginia University College of Law, Juris Doctorate, 2015
- Washington & Jefferson College, Bachelor of Arts, Political Science, 2012
Areas of Practice
- United States District Court for the Southern District of West Virginia
- United States District Court for the Northern District of West Virginia
- West Virginia Supreme Court of Appeals
- Supreme Court of Ohio
Honors, Awards & Memberships
- West Virginia State Bar
- Ohio State Bar
- Blue Belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu
- Sunday School and Small Group Leader
Attorney Blogs and News
- Memories of the OVAC Wrestling Tournament
- VA Disability Benefits “Out of the Blue”
- There’s No Place Like Home – Moving Back to the Ohio Valley
- Social Security Myth #8: Certain Conditions Automatically Entitle You to Disability Benefits
- Social Security Myth #1: No One Wins On Their Initial Application