Auto Accidents

Since 1978, Gold, Khourey & Turak has been trusted by thousands of victims and their families who have been injured or killed in auto crashes.

At GKT, we have the experience to help you get the compensation you deserve with as little stress as possible. We will help you obtain money for your medical bills, lost wages, and the pain and suffering caused by the at-fault driver.

If you or your loved one is the victim of someone else’s negligence, we can help you get the settlement you deserve and ensure justice is served. If you think you have a case and want to protect yourself, contact us as soon as possible so we can help. It’s easy, it’s free and it’s worth it.

Don’t give up your rights!

Before you sign any documents with your insurance company or any third parties, make sure you get the opinion of an attorney. Call us at 1-800-388-2529 or fill out this form for your FREE Consultation.

Here are some examples of auto accident cases that we handle:

Auto Accident FAQs

The insurance company asked me to provide a statement about my accident. What should I do?

It depends on who is asking. Don’t sign or say anything to an insurance adjuster before you speak to an attorney. It could limit your rights to pursue a claim and significantly affect its value. If you are asked to provide a statement, contact GKT to help determine if you should consent.

How do I know if I have a personal injury auto accident claim?

To have a personal injury claim, you have to prove that you’ve been injured by someone else’s negligence or carelessness. Even if you’re partially at fault, you may have a claim if you can show that the other person was more at fault for your injury.

What issues affect the damages I can receive in a personal injury auto accident?

In every case, these issues are considered:
1) Liability – Was someone at fault?
2) Causation – Were the injuries caused by the other party’s actions?
3) Damages – What are my injuries? What amount will fairly and adequately compensate for my injuries?
4) Source of Collection – Is there insurance or other assets from which damages can be recovered?

I was injured in an auto accident and it was the other person’s fault. Can the insurance company refuse to pay my medical bills if my car wasn’t damaged?

No. If your injuries were a result of the accident, the insurance company should pay your medical bills. Insurance companies will try to make a connection between the damage to the vehicle and the injuries that might be expected. But the two don’t always correlate. Many times, small impact collisions cause significant injuries, while someone might walk away from a major accident with only cuts and bruises.

Can the insurance company refuse to pay if I have a pre-existing condition?

It depends. If additional harm is caused to the pre-existing injury, or if it flares up as a result of the accident, the insurance company has a responsibility to compensate the victim for the injuries sustained in the accident.

Should I seek medical attention after an accident even if I’m not sure I was injured?

It’s a good idea to see a doctor if you believe that you’ve been injured. If you submit a claim to the insurance company without knowing the full extent of your damages, including injuries, you could experience financial hardship. Once a case is settled, you can’t reopen it and get additional compensation for your injuries.

Are medical bills included in a bodily injury claim?

A bodily injury claim generally refers to a personal injury claim. Financial damages would include lost wages, past and future medical bills and rental car expenses. In a bodily injury claim, you may also collect general damages, which include pain and suffering, humiliation and distress. When you settle a bodily injury claim, it’s important to include all available types of damages or you may lose the right to recover those losses.

What is the statute of limitations on my minor child’s personal injury auto accident case?

Statutes of limitations vary by state and type of case. In West Virginia, Ohio and Pennsylvania, a personal injury claim must be brought within two years of the date of the injury. For minors, the statute of limitations begins to run on their 18th birthday. Certain states have additional special rules for minors. In Pennsylvania, if a minor is totally self-supporting, or “emancipated,” at the time of the injury, the child must file suit within two years of the date when the injury occurred. If the minor is “unemancipated,” or not totally self-supporting, then suit must be filed within two years of the child’s 18th birthday. Any medical expenses incurred because of the minor’s personal injury claim are the parent’s responsibility and their claim for those expenses can expire within two years of the incident.

What does “uninsured” and “underinsured” motorist coverage mean?

Uninsured and underinsured coverage is purchased under your own automobile insurance policy. Uninsured coverage provides you with protection if you’re injured in an automobile accident and the other party, who is at fault, doesn’t have automobile insurance. Underinsured coverage provides you with protection if you’re injured and the other party, who is at fault, doesn’t have enough automobile insurance to compensate you for your damages.

Will my insurance premiums increase if I make an uninsured or underinsured claim under my own policy?

In most cases, your premiums will not increase. When you make a claim, it’s because the accident was the other person’s fault. Keep in mind that you’ve bought this coverage, so it will be there when you need it.

If I file a personal injury claim, will the person who caused the accident have to pay me anything or spend time in jail?

A personal injury claim is a civil case, not a criminal case. So the person who caused the accident won’t go to jail or be fined because of your claim. In addition, most personal injury damages are paid by insurance and defended by lawyers who work for the insurance company.